The Best and Worst Diets of 2021 for Athletes
Need solid insight on the best and worst diets for athletes?
In this video, I share my analysis of what diet best supports athletes and active individuals.
Every year it seems a new diet is all the rage, and I hear about it from my clients. However, the main reason many of them contact me is because they’re confused with the approach that best supports them in reaching their performance goals.
For instance, research shows carbohydrates are still king for fueling athletic performance. So although certain diets are fine for sedentary people, there are some that are definitely not the best option for athletes.
As a sports dietitian with over 10 years of experience, I know what works and what doesn’t. So I encourage you to take a few minutes to learn my take-aways.
Watch the video to learn about:
- The Ketogenic diet: how drastically cutting down on carbohydrates as your primary source of energy leads to brain fog, lethargy, and other problems.
- Intermittent Fasting: why the combination of Keto and IF is the worst option, and leads to bigger problems with nutritional deficiencies and stagnated performance.
- The Paleo diet: although promising, cutting out grains (a source of carbs) and salt (sodium) can also create problems, and why at best, a modified paleo approach is suggested for athletes.
- Plant Based diets: watch the video for my thoughts on this approach, and the Netflix documentary “The Game Changers”.
- The Mediterranean diet: learn why this is a truly balanced diet and…
- Why I think the BEST choice is combining the Mediterranean diet with Intuitive Eating!
Learn more about Intuitive Eating here.
Need help for a solid diet plan that supports you in your sport? You definitely need to check out everything that’s included in The Sustainable Sports Nutrition Academy!
Contact me any time to schedule a free 15-minute consultation, so we can discuss your particular situation and goals.